OUR WORKULTRA-MODERNIST VILLA REPLACES BUNGALOW
- White Lodge | Surrey | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Edge Hill | Wimbledon | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Inverness Terrace | Bayswater | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Denbridge Road | Bromley | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Strawberry Vale | Richmond | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Halsey Mews | Kensington | DyerGrimes Architects
- Ashley Road | Surrey | DyerGrimes Architects
- Stonehill Road | Richmond | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Felsham Road | Putney | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Parkside | Putney | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Chepstow Place | Nottinghill Gate | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Spring Terrace | Richmond | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Montague Road | Richmond | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Crescent Road | Kingston | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Emperor’s Gate | South Kensington | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Cambalt Road | Putney | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Putney Park Road | Putney | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Upper Richmond | Putney | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Hemingford Road | Islington | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Clifton Hill | St John's Wood | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Dukes Place | Oxshott | Dyer Grimes Architects
- White Lodge | Works On Site | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Hemingford Road | Works On Site | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Denbridge Road | Surrey | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Emperor’s Gate | Works on site | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Festing Road | Putney | DyerGrimes Architects
- Grove End Road
- Montague Road | Works on site | Dyer Grimes Architects
- Spring Terrace | Works On Site | Dyer Grimes Architects
- St James's Road | Hampton Hill | Dyer Grimes Architects
THE OVERVIEWTony and Nicky Maude dreamed of building an ultra-modernist villa in stark contrast to the Listed manor house they had recently sold. The goal was to retain all the luxuries of country living but to de-clutter their lifestyle, both in terms of space and monthly outgoings.
They found a site in the heart of the leafy surrey on which to build their dream house, without even knowing whether they would obtain planning permission. And so the journey began…
THE CHALLENGEThe site was originally home to a 1960’s detached bungalow surrounded by tall trees and hedging with far reaching views to the Surrey Downs beyond. The area is populated by traditional pitched roof architecture typical of its green belt credentials.
The proposed designs were unprecedented in the immediate area and subject to Tanbridge Council’s strict planning requirements.
The site sloped sharply away to one side which would greatly limit the overall footprint of the building and the desired surrounding landscape.
Following a rigorous planning process, Dyer Grimes Architects achieved consent to infill and level the site and build a highly contemporary house of 480m2.
Modern building technologies were combined with the highest quality materials including hardwood cladding and white render with an abundance of glass throughout.
The glazed ground floor living space is surrounded by beautifully landscaped grounds, while the first floor appears to ‘hover’ over the kitchen dining area as well as project over the swimming pool.
Great emphasis was placed on constructing White Lodge in an environmentally friendly and sustainable way. An impressive sustainability target was set; to generate 20 percent of the energy required by using renewable energy sources.
Energy efficiency has been maximised through the incorporation of Solar hot water collectors on the roof, a highly sustainable drainage system and an air source heat pump which circulates heat around the entire house.
The result is a stunning modernist home which has won the admiration of the local community, the Council and the media alike.
- 2013 Best Family Home - British Homes Awards by Sunday Times
- 2013 Highly Commended - Best Residential Architectural Property Award - International Design & Architecture Awards
- 2013 Highly Commended - Best Family Home Award - Evening Standard, New Homes Awards.
- 2012 Highly Commended - Architecture Single Residence South East - International Property Awards.